T-Forum, la vera HiFi alla portata di tutti
Benvenuto nel T-Forum!
Connettiti in modo da farti riconoscere come membro affezionato, oppure registrati così potrai partecipare attivamente alle discussioni.

Unisciti al forum, è facile e veloce

Benvenuto nel T-Forum!
Connettiti in modo da farti riconoscere come membro affezionato, oppure registrati così potrai partecipare attivamente alle discussioni.
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s.

2 partecipanti

Andare in basso

LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s. Empty LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s.

Messaggio Da pallapippo Mer 15 Ago 2018 - 15:11

Vendo per inutilizzo l'ottimo, piccolo DAC Amp cuffie in oggetto, scatola originale, condizioni pari al nuovo (solo qualche imperfezione nella scatola esterna, come visibile in foto). E' un ottimo dac ampli cuffie portatile, molto versatile (supporto PCM fino a 384kHz e DSD sino a 128: io l'ho usato per circa un anno come DAC puro nell'impianto di casa 75€ con consegna a mano (provincia Pistoia), altrimenti spese di spedizione (tracciabile) a carico acquirente. Mezzi di pagamento: bonifico bancario (preferito), o Paypal.

Caratteristiche tecniche:

PCM: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8 Hz, and 384kHz; DSD: DSD64 and DSD128.

Supported Bit Depth: 1 bit, 16 bit, 24 bit, 32 bit

Output Impedance: 0.47 ohm (headphones) and 4.7 ohm (line out)

Maximum Output: 450 mW (2.65 vrms). L'ampli cuffia lavora in classe A (quindi è normale che scaldi un po', il case stesso è stato costruito in alluminio per fungere da dissipatore)

Recensioni:
Bottom Line
A fantastic combination of features, sound, and price, the Geek Out 450 is one of those rare components that screams value! LH Labs’ ability to get this kind of performance out of a device this small for this little money attests to some incredible engineering chops. While I’ve noted some minor operational glitches (*) that make using the Geek Out more of a hassle than it should be, the problems I’ve mentioned are not serious, and once I figured out workarounds, using the Geek Out was a blast. The sound was never less than engrossing.

The Geek Out 450 is out of this world!
(da: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/light-harmonic-geek-out-450-dac-and-headphone-amplifier/?page=3 ). (*) I "minor operational glitches", si riferiscono alla prima versione del firmware, non più presente nell'esemplare in vendita (l'ho aggiornato io).

LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s. P1060213
LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s. P1060214
LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s. P1060215
LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s. P1060217

Hello
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Numero di messaggi : 5510
Provincia : Pistoia (Montecatini Terme)
Impianto :
Spoiler:

Torna in alto Andare in basso

LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s. Empty Re: LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s.

Messaggio Da pallapippo Mar 11 Set 2018 - 16:42

Up.
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s. Empty Re: LH Labs Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Amplifier, silver, MADE IN USA, 60 € + s.s.

Messaggio Da pallapippo Mar 9 Ott 2018 - 15:05

Uppete Very Happy
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da pallapippo Mer 7 Nov 2018 - 17:08

Up Smile .
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da pallapippo Dom 27 Gen 2019 - 10:54

Up Smile .
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da pallapippo Sab 18 Mag 2019 - 18:57

Ribasso a 60 € più spese di spedizione.

Hello
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da pallapippo Lun 21 Ott 2019 - 16:40

Up Smile .
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da ftalien77 Lun 21 Ott 2019 - 17:32

Pensi che con collegamento OTG funzioni se connesso al tel? Immagino senza audio HD e DSD.

ftalien77
Membro classe bronzo
Membro classe bronzo

Numero di messaggi : 1390
Provincia : Bologna
Impianto : Due orecchie.

Messaggio Da pallapippo Lun 21 Ott 2019 - 17:48

Io non l'ho provato; qui dicono che funziona.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/geek-out-450-usb-dac-and-headphone-amplifier.20662/reviews

"When it comes to Smartphone connection, not too many vendors are willing to list it as a supported feature.  It will be challenging to guarantee compatibility of every combination with different hardware setups and OS versions.  Another factor to keep in mind, GeekOut USB DAC is very power hungry, drawing close to 0.7A from USB port, and a lot of smartphones won’t be able to support that.  With USB OTG connection you bypass internal DAC and go straight with a digital audio over USB.  Some less powerful USB DACs support it directly with OTG cable, while others require USB OTG hub with an additional power input to bring in external portable battery.  With my Note 4, Verizon pushed Lollipop (Android 5.01) update to my phone the day before I received GeekOut.  Even so I was skeptical, I still decided to plug in GeekOut to my phone through a cheap USB OTG adapter, and discovered that IT WORKS!!!  There was no need to use any external battery or USB hub, and I was able to play audio from any app.  Although I do realize it puts a toll on my phone’s battery while draining it at higher rate, a mere fact that I plugged it into my Note 4 was a miracle to me!!!"

Hello
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da pallapippo Lun 21 Ott 2019 - 17:58

Sempre dal solito articolo:

At this point, I covered enough about design and hardware build and pair up with your computer and even smartphone.  Plenty of other USB DACs I have reviewed are capable to do this, but NONE can sound as good as GeekOut.  Period!  It is not a matter of sounding just a little bit better; we are talking about a noticeable difference!  I started my sound test with GeekOut 450 since I figured 450mW is plenty of power to cover all of my full size and IEM headphone needs.  Turned out it was actually a bit too much power from 0.47 ohm output, so I switched to 47 ohm output which due to higher output impedance has lower output power.

The first thing you notice once you start playing music is soundstage expansion (width/depth) full of airiness and very impressive layering/separation of instruments and vocals with nearly 3D placement.  I was impressed with how natural this 3D soundstage felt.  I heard some 3D effects in the past and they always felt artificial to my ears, but not in case of GeekOut.  A sound was very dynamic, musical, and exciting, with a great extension at both low end and top end of the spectrum.  Also, output had quite an impressive black background.  Of course, you need a quality pair of headphones to appreciate what GeekOut has to offer, and in my case I'm still rocking a high-res ATH-MSR7 which paired up really well with GO.  I didn't even realize MSR7 was capable of such an impressive bass clarity and articulation, with organic full body mids having plenty of revealing details, and extended treble with sparkle of analytical quality without being sibilant or grainy.  None of my other audio hardware sources were able to bring out all that in MSR7 before.  It was quite an impressive non-fatigue listening experience that was equally engaging from either my ThinkPad laptop or Galaxy Note 4 smartphone.

I know that smartphone support is still "unofficial", but that was the most pleasant surprise to me since in my previous experience with other USB DACs supporting USB OTG the improvement was very marginal.  When it comes to my laptop, any "usb stick" sound card will improve the sound.  With Galaxy Note 4, Samsung done a pretty good job with a sound quality and in most of my previous reviews I mentioned that improvement was very marginal.  Using GeekOut - soundstage improvement really jumped out with my Note 4, and the sound became more dynamic and more exciting.  3D soundstage expansion was especially great since I enjoy watching Netflix on my phone.

pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da pallapippo Gio 14 Mag 2020 - 11:39

Up.
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da pallapippo Gio 19 Ago 2021 - 12:02

Up.
pallapippo
pallapippo
Membro classe oro
Membro classe oro

Impianto :
Spoiler:

Messaggio Da Contenuto sponsorizzato

Contenuto sponsorizzato

- Argomenti simili